Until the last second: Mari Carmen Villalba
If she hadn't fallen for padel, Mari Carmen Villalba would probably have become a sports teacher at a high school, according to her own statement - but what isn't yet, can still become. Currently, however, she is so satisfied with her situation that she would not even want to swap places with someone else for a day.
Together with friends, chatting about various topics, preparing a delicious ham and cheese quiche on the side and listening to the music of Emilia Nerves - that's exactly what the perfect evening at Mari's could look like. But she has much more to tell. But feel free to read for yourself!
"For me, regeneration is very important, because at the end of the day, that's why you can train or compete at the highest level."
Name:Mari Carmen Villalba
Reboots product: Reboots Go Lite Pants 2.0 Set
Sport type: Padel
Active since: 2006
Mari is excited about
Reboots Go Lite Pants 2.0 Set
Be fit again faster with noticeably fresher legs.
1. What sport do you play and how did you get into it?
I've been playing padel since I was about 19 years old.
2. What makes your sport special?
Well, once you try it, you quickly get hooked because it's a lot of fun.
3. What motivates you to practice your sport?
That you can improve a little bit every day - be it on a technical, tactical or mental level.
4. How do you deal with the "hole" after a big competition?
I try not to let it get me down by focusing on the things I did well during the competition.
5. What criteria do you use to decide which competitions to enter?
By my own performance curve. I always ask myself the question "What fits best into my plan to get better?".
6. Who is your biggest role model and why?
He was and always will be Nadal.
7. What criteria do you use to decide , in which competitions you participate?
I participate in all professional tournaments. Both in the World Padel Tour and in the new tour called Premier.
Which dish can you not resist? And why? I love Russian salad, I love it!
What was your biggest youth sin? Well, I'm very forgetful and lost a lot of things as a kid.
What is your hidden talent? I am a machine for organizing plans with friends.
What three things would you take with you to a desert island?
- As long as it is also allowed to bring people: Jorge, my boyfriend
- An umbrella so I don't die in the heat.
- A lot of water.
1. What does the perfect regeneration look like for you?
The perfect regeneration should proceed in such a way that there is no pain and the healing process is fast.
2. When do you prefer to use your reboots?
Late afternoon, before dinner.
3. How important is "regeneration" for you?
For me it's very important, because at the end of the day that's why you can train or compete at the highest level.
4. What is your secret tip when using the reboots?
I like to use the reboots for about 30 minutes and almost always take program B, which is pretty intense to fully recover the legs.
5. What do you keep yourself busy with while you're in the reboots?
Since I turn on the reboots for half an hour, I take the opportunity to watch a Netflix episode.
6. Between you and me: tell us a fun fact about yourself that no one knows yet!
Occasionally, I've used the time when I wear reboots to mediate and continue working on my mind.